Min. 3-4 years of experience in Military/Aerospace or Automotive Industry,
Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to conceptualize and create mechanical designs especially in internal combustion engine,
Proficiency in using solid modelling CAD design software (Catia)
Experience with 2D Technical Drawing Creation and GD&T, VSA applications
Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
Experience with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Complete mechanical design analysis as required to ensure the engine design will meet all project requirements. Identify areas of risk early in the project life cycle and work quickly to mitigate.
- Use mechanical design software (Catia) to create complete mechanical design concepts for robust and low-risk engine designs that will complete the project scope within the budget and schedule parameters defined by the project scope documents.
- Know and understand the project scope, specifications, and any regulatory requirements that are applicable to the machine being developed.
- Create complete, organized, detailed print packages and coordinate and conduct release to fabrication meetings.
- Work with component suppliers to specify and acquire quotes for machine commercial components that are needed for the machine design.
- Support the fabrication, assembly and debug processes for the project as required. Lead the mechanical debug activities to ensure the machine assembly and debug phases of the project are completed on schedule.
- Solid technical understanding of own core enginee