The candidate will be a part of an international team and develop high-end technologies. As Embedded Software Engineer in Industrial Fieldbus and Ethernet Protocols, the main task will be to develop software solutions based on industrial communication protocols such as Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP, EtherCat (and others). The organization will develop so called protocol stacks and implement such software on pre-defined hardware (different formats possible). Furthermore, protocol stacks and the final product may be in need of certification by the user organization. This task shall be supported by the Software Engineer. In addition, projects shall be well documented; hence part of the job is to create product documentation.
The tasks among others shall be:
• Software Development according to specification,
• Testing and debugging,
• Documentation of created software.
- BS degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science, Control or Mechatronics preferred),
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience,
- Understanding of networking concepts (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.),
- Background in industrial communication, Fieldbus and Ethernet protocols is a plus (such as Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP and EtherCat),
- Strong programming language skills in C,
- Experience in Object-Oriented programming in C++,
- Experience in Real-Time Operating Systems and Linux,
- Strong coding, compiling and debugging skills and hands-on experience to follow global coding tools/standards, code quality and version control systems,
- Experience working with agile project management methods such as Scrum,
- Good communication of English, both written and spoken is a must. German is beneficial,
- Team player, target driven and customer oriented,
- Strong analytic skills and ability to structure own tasks to meet defined targets,
Notice that the projects developed are for the top-rated international customers which require working in an international environment based on high quality software releases.
KUNBUS is an international technology company which was founded with the aim of providing innovative and economical products to the steadily growing market of industrial networks (fieldbus, industrial Ethernet) and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). We produce products and technology for major Fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet Automation Networks, with the specialized experience in industrial communication protocols. Our natural habitat is the environment of industrial communication in the automation, process, manufacturing, and drive technology.
All of our employees are engaged in timely delivery of high-value state-of-the-art products and services to our customers. We see ourselves as responsible partners of our customers.